Carrot, Product Code:v15
- Carrots are excellent for the eyes.
- Carrots contains large quantities of vitamin A, in the form of beta carotene.
- Juicing a carrot removes the indigestible fiber. Thus, the nutrients in it are available to the body in much larger quantities than if the carrot was eaten whole. This is because many of the nutrients are trapped in the fibre, and while fibre aids digestion, some part of the fibre is indigestible. Thus, you don’t get the benefits of the nutrients that are trapped in the indigestible fibre. Did you know that if you eat a carrot raw, you only get access to about 1% of the available beta carotene? But, when you or your child has a glass of carrot juice, you your system absorbs almost 100% or the beta carotene!
- Does your child drink more Pepsi or Coke than water? While you may feel that these are just sweetened substitutes, you are wrong. In fact, these beverages have substances that require more water to eliminate them from the system. So, whenever your child asks for a soft drink, give him juice instead. Juice increases the water intake.
- Carrot juice has anti-carcinogen properties. Thus, it helps prevent cancer. It is also believed to have cancer-curing properties.